The roof is like a lid for your home. Just like a lid on anything else, it is meant to keep out moisture and preserve the contents of the home in good order – including the occupants. If you are building a new home or renovating an old one you will need to decide what kind of roof you want. Here are ten reasons to choose Colorbond roofing.
- Colorbond is made from steel with a baked on coloured surface which stops the steel from rusting and enhances the whole home. Steel is a strong material, yet it is light compared to some other roofing materials. It has been made especially for Australian conditions that can be baking hot during the day and frosty cold at night.
- Because the sheets are large, the roof will be finished quickly, saving time and costs on labour.
- There are many colours to choose from, meaning you can create a nice colour scheme overall. The colours reflect those found in our Australian environment.
- A steel roof may sound as if it will be hot, but nearly all the colours have thermal technology and reflect the sun’s rays, thus providing insulation. When there is also insulation in the ceiling your home will be cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Colorbond roofing is a popular choice in Australia so your home will blend in with others in the district.